- July 25: Christopher Rose, “Write or Radiate? Inscribed Matter vs. Electromagnetic Communication,” sponsored by the Life Sciences Division, Noon, Building 50 Auditorium.
- August 10: Steve Wolf, “Science in the Movies,” co-sponsored by the Lawrence Hall of Science, LHS Auditorium, 7:30 p.m. More.
- October 25: Lawrence Badash, “Albert Einstein the Peacenik,” 7 p.m., Florence Schwimley Little Theatre, Berkeley High School. More.
2005 Summer Lecture Series
- June 22: Director Steve Chu: “Physics Meets Biology”
- June 29: Carl Haber, Physics: "Imaging Voices of the Past: Using Physics to Restore Early Sound Recordings" (lecture slides available, .pdf file)
- July 6: Natalie Roe, Physics: “What’s the Matter with Antimatter?” (lecture slides available, .ppt file)
- July 13: John Bell, Computational Sciences: “The Role of Computation in Understanding Combustion”
- July 20: Barbara Romanowicz, Earth Sciences: "Seismic Imaging of the Earth's Interior"
- July 27: Raphael Bousso, Physics: "The World as a Hologram"
- Aug. 3: Hitoshi Murayama, Physics: "E=mc2"
Community Lecture Series (downtown or campus)
- Physicist Carl Haber: "Imaging Voices of the Past," February 16 (lecture slides available, .pdf file)
- Director Steve Chu: "The Energy Challenge" (time and place TBA)
- Astrophysicist Saul Perlmutter: "Dark Energy and the Fate of the Universe" (time and place TBA)