Berkeley Lab Berkeley Lab A-Z Index Phone Book Jobs Search DOE

Request Electrical Support

The Engineering Division has developed a process for you to request electrical support for you science program. Engineering will provide appropriately trained individuals to help you design, test, repair, use or build electrical equipment. They can also perform needed work that you (or vendors) are not authorized to perform, e.g. work on energized electrical equipment that operates at > 50v and > 5 mA and Lock-out/Tag-our of hard wired scientific instruments.

Your MSD EH&S Technician (Paul or Sherry) will make the arrangements for the assigned electrical support person to visit your lab. Initially, the electrical support person will want to talk with you and look at the instrument to develop a plan of work and estimate costs. Only after you accept the offer of support will they begin to charge your account.

Request Electrical Support

If you have further questions, please e-mail Martin Neitzel at [email protected].