Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
We are committed to supporting the MSD Community in the workplace by creating a welcoming environment where everyone is valued and respected.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Committee Objectives
- Tools - Provide tools, like DEI Minutes, to promote DEI discussion and awareness
- Engagement - Implement active measures to promote increased diversity in MSD through engagement with PIs, postdocs, graduate student researchers, and staff
- Outreach - Work to expand the STEM pipeline through partnership with UCB and other organizations to provide mentorship and research opportunities
- Assessment - Use surveys and statistics to recommend policies and strategies to promote diversity and inclusion in MSD and at the Lab
The Executive Committee achieves these objectives through the following activities:
- Holding monthly meetings to discuss IDEA topics related to the Division and Lab and to formulate recommended actions to MSD regarding policies and activities
- Organizing a summer internship program for undergraduates in the Cal NERDS and College of Engineering T-PREP programs at UC Berkeley
- Coordinating with Lab, Area, and Division IDEA Committees. See ESA's Hiring Guide, MESA, and ASPIRES programs.
|Teresa Calarco, Chairemail@example.com|
|Zakaria Al Balushifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Postdoc member - recruiting|
|GSR member - recruiting|
* Ad hoc LBNL DEI Committee Member