- A team led by Ali Javey of the Materials Sciences Division has created a transistor with a working 1-nanometer gate
- Research within MSD’s Ultrafast Materials Science program has revealed surprising new spin-polarized unoccupied surface resonance states (USR) in Bi2Se3 through real time mapping of the formation of topologically protected surface states (TSS).
- Research within MSD’s Sub-wavelength Metamaterial Design, Physics & Application program has demonstrated lasing and anti-lasing at the same frequency in a single device
- Researchers in the Materials Project have created the world's largest database of elemental crystal surfaces and shapes to date
- MSD's Norman Yao describes how to make and measure the properties of such a crystal, and even predicts what the various phases surrounding the time crystal should be, like the liquid and gas phases of ice.
Giant second-harmonic generation in Weyl semimetals
The Quantum Materials program at MSD has discovered that the Weyl semimetals TaAs, NbAs, and TaP have the largest nonlinear optical response of any known crystal.