- Research within MSD’s Van der Waals Heterostructures program has found an unexpected magnetic property in a 2-D material
- A team led by Ali Javey of the Materials Sciences Division has created a transistor with a working 1-nanometer gate
- Research within MSD’s Ultrafast Materials Science program has revealed surprising new spin-polarized unoccupied surface resonance states (USR) in Bi2Se3 through real time mapping of the formation of topologically protected surface states (TSS).
- Recent work in MSD's Quantum Materials program was featured on the DOE website.
- Research in the Yaghi group has demonstrated breakthrough technology capable of generating liters of water out of dry air using the power of the sun.
Nanoparticle Surfactants for Structured Liquid Processing
The Adaptive Interfacial Assemblies Towards Structuring Liquids program at MSD has developed a revolutionary materials platform for the continuous production of discrete, responsive, and reconfigurable all-liquid systems.