- Research within MSD’s Ultrafast Materials Science program has revealed surprising new spin-polarized unoccupied surface resonance states (USR) in Bi2Se3 through real time mapping of the formation of topologically protected surface states (TSS).
- A team led by Ali Javey of the Materials Sciences Division has created a transistor with a working 1-nanometer gate
- Researchers from MSD's Inorganic/Organic Nanocomposites NSET Program has discovered that light-emitting, four-armed nanocrystals could someday form the basis of an early warning system in structural materials by revealing microscopic cracks that portend failure
- Researchers in the Materials Project have created the world's largest database of elemental crystal surfaces and shapes to date
- Miquel Salmeron received the Berkeley Lab Prize — Lifetime Achievement Award for advancing the understanding of surfaces in relation to their environment
cssslider by WOWSlider.com v8.6
Lasing and Anti-Lasing in a Single Cavity
Research within MSD’s Sub-wavelength Metamaterial Design, Physics & Application program has demonstrated lasing and anti-lasing at the same frequency in a single device.