- A team led by Materials Sciences Division's Gerbrand Ceder has made a major advance in understanding the chemical processes in "lithium-rich cathodes," which hold promise for a higher energy lithium-ion battery
- MSD's Alessandra Lanzara is a Moore Foundation grantee working on a cutting-edge technique called angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy, or ARPES
- Materials Sciences Division's Xiang Zhang has led a group of scientists who have devised a way to build a "quantum metamaterial"
- A family of nature-inspired polymers was discovered at MSD, that, when placed in water, spontaneously assemble into hollow crystalline nanotubes
- The Quantum Materials team from the Materials Science Division, led a study in which polar vortices were observed in a ferroelectric material
cssslider by WOWSlider.com v8.6
Atomically Precise Interfacial Control of Magnetic States
Research within MSD’s Quantum Materials program has demonstrated the use of heteroepitaxy in controlling spin-orbit interactions in oxide quantum materials which will provide a pathway to a new generation of spin-orbit coupled materials.