Program: Safe Work Authorizations
Revision Record: http://www.lbl.gov/ehs/pub3000/Pub3000Changes.html
The requirements of Safe Work Authorizations apply to:
Work Authorization is a review and management-approval process designed to ensure that procedures, controls, and resources are in place before the work begins. All work at LBNL proceeds under authorization.
- LBNL Health and Safety Manual (PUB-3000) Chapter 6 (Safe Work Authorizations)
- Chapter 4 (Industrial Hygiene)
- Chapter 5 (Occupational Safety)
- Chapter 7 (Pressure Safety and Cryogenics)
- Chapter 8 (Electrical Safety)
- Chapter 12 (Fire Prevention and Protection)
- Chapter 13 (Gases)
- Chapter 16 (Lasers)
- Chapter 18 (Lockout/Tagout and Verification)
- Chapter 20 (Waste Management)
- Chapter 21 (Radiation Safety)
- Chapter 22 (Research with Human and Animal Subjects)
- Chapter 24 (EH&S Training)
- Chapter 32 (Job Hazards Analysis)
Note 1: Construction subcontractors and other subcontractors or guests who have completed a Subcontractor Job Hazards Analysis and Work Authorization are not required to complete a Job Hazards Analysis.
|The official version of this Quick Start Guide is on the PUB-3000 Web page.
Printed copies are not official versions of this Quick Start Guide.