Graduate Student Awards to Attend Meeting of Nobel Laureates, Lindau Germany
Berkeley Lab - Internal Schedule
- Thursday, November 29, 2012 (4 PM Pacific) - Students submit pre-app to FundingOps@lbl.gov
- Wednesday, December 5, 2012 (4 PM Pacific) - Following review and downselect, Directorate notifies finalists selected for nomination.
- Wednesday, December 12, 2012 (4 PM Pacific): Finalists return a full nomination package to FundingOps@lbl.gov (full package to contain updated pre-application plus letter of recommendation from Research Advisor)
- Friday, December 14, 2012 (1 PM Pacific) Directorate will submit all needed documents as single PDF to sponsors.
Berkeley Lab - Pre-Application Process
to be completed by student with approval of Research Advisor / principal investigator
- Verify your eligibility http://www.orau.org/lindau/apply/eligibility.shtml
- Complete the Nomination from for DOE-SC, NIH, &NSF-MPS http://www.orau.org/lindau/apply/nom-form.shtml (Lab Directorate will complete Institutional information for nominations sent forward).
- Provide a c.v (for the pre-app, it is optional to follow the prescribed format http://www.orau.org/lindau/apply/nom-form.shtml)
- Write an essay of no more than one page describing why participation in the Lindau meeting is important for your graduate education (for the pre-application process, an outline or draft is acceptable).
- Email the pre-app as one pdf file to FundingOps@lbl.gov by Thursday, November 29, 2012.