Feb. 13, 2014
Courtesy Salvage Pickup Factsheet
To assist the community in disposing of "no longer required" items, the Facilities Transportation Group offers courtesy pickup of items no longer needed in your lab or office. Click here to view the Factsheet.
LBNL Space Planning Advisory Committee (SPAC)
Reporting to the Laboratory COO, the SPAC will advise the Laboratory Director, Deputy Lab Director, COO, and Space Manager on management of space at LBNL. More specifically, the Committee will recommend:
- Guidelines, policies, procedures and metrics for the allocation and utilization of space across the Laboratory
- Resolution of space allocation conflicts that cannot be resolved by other means
- Opportunities for increased efficiency and optimization based on space utilization survey data
- Actions to meet LBNL’s Strategic Space Management Plan and initiatives related to space
- Chairperson—Scientist with a strong understanding of space management issues, institutional perspective, and well regarded by peers.
- Membership —Chairperson; LBNL Space Manager; members from Scientific Divisions and from Operations; staff support will be provided by Facilities, OCFO, and others as required.
- Term of Membership—Length of term 2 years; a member could serve a second term in the Chairperson role. Membership terms should be staggered to ensure continuity and strong knowledge of space issues. Initially, some members may serve 3 or 4 year terms to establish a staggered approach.
- Appointment of the Chairperson and Committee members will be made by the Laboratory COO.
- Level of Involvement—Time commitment for the first 6 months may be 8 hours per month inclusive of several meetings/month and effort outside of meetings. Once the Committee is established and in a steady state mode, time commitment may reduce to 4 hours/month plus some additional effort outside of meetings.
The SPAC will:
- Meet at least every two months or as needed
- Institute processes and procedures to ensure that members of the Laboratory community have opportunities for input into the Committee’s deliberations, those deliberations are performed in an open and transparent manner, and that the Committee’s recommendations are generally perceived as being logical and fair
- Work with Division Point of Contacts (POCs) and appropriate staff to develop analyses of Division space requests
- Review data regarding existing space allocation and utilization; space demand and supply forecasts; and requests for space from Division POCs to recommend optimal space usage in accordance with LBNL’s Strategic Space Management and Master plans
- Give consideration to and plan for future space needs (including leases) with reference to LBNL’s Strategic Space Management and Master plans
- Assist in the development of and periodic update to LBNL’s Strategic Space Management Plan
- Review space utilization survey data and make recommendations for increased efficiency and optimization
- Periodically report on space demand, metrics, and utilization
- Publish meeting minutes to ensure transparency and communicate decisions