Laboratory Support Advisory Council (previously known as the Operations Advisory Council)
The Laboratory Support Advisory Council represents a partnership between the official representatives who speak with authority on behalf of their scientific divisions, the Chair of the Information Technology Council, the Associate Laboratory Director for Operations, the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Information Officer. With a strategic focus on operational support issues, the Council is responsible for:
- Defining the service requirements of the scientific divisions
- Providing input on institutional priorities that impact support services
- Providing feedback on services-what is and is not working (and suggesting possible solutions to problems)
- Serving as a sounding board for issues related to Laboratory support that are raised by other Laboratory committees
Each member of the Council is responsible for:
- Keeping his or her respective Division Director and Associate Laboratory Director apprised of Laboratory support issues on which they are expected to provide recommendations or make decisions
- Timely and broad (as appropriate) communication throughout their respective organization on issues discussed at meetings
- Contributing to committee/subgroup efforts designed to address issues of concern to the Council
Laboratory support management is responsible for providing information in a timely manner.
The Council is chaired by the Associate Laboratory Director for Operations. Meetings are held monthly.