The State of California YCal fares are now available through the CalTravelStore. Call 1-877-454-8785 to make reservations.
The current State of California YCal Airfare Program is for contract year July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2016.. The Laboratory will continue to be a participant in the State negotiated discount airfare program (referred to as YCal) for several city-pairs for travel within California and Out of State (only) while traveling on official business. There are no interational destinations available at this time.
Click here for a complete list of YCal destinations:
The purchase of YCal tickets are optional and must be booked through the State of California’s contracted agency, the CalTravelStore, via telephone.. Call 1-877-454-8785 to create a profile and make reservations. Booking online via the CalTravelStore website for the YCal program is not available at this time.
The agents are available from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. After hours assistance is available in emergency situations.
We have established several restrictions/guidelines in which Lab travelers must abide:
- Only State of California YCal tickets are to be issued by the CalTravelStore (includes VCal, MCal, etc.). State contracts are with Alaska, Delta, JetBlue, United and Virgin America. No other types of coach airfares are to be ticketed. (For all other coach airfares, contact Carlson Wagonlit Travel 1-888-243-1125).
- No Southwest Airlines tickets.
- No tickets will be issued with a personal component. Travel is to official business point and return only.
- No traveling companions.
- No car or hotel bookings. LBNL will continue to utilize Carlson Wagonlit Travel/Concur online booking tool to book car/hotel with our existing UC contracts/FED Gov hotel rates-programs.
- No train tickets.
- No foreign travel.
- No personal credit cards.
- No special services offered (upgrades, VIP, etc.).
- YCal tickets will be issued with the LBNL trip number; same procedure as CWT tickets.
The CalTravelStore can be reached at 1-877-454-8785
YCal City Pairs:
Definition of YCAL Fare:
YCAL: A YCal is a contracted airfare between the State of CA and the airline directly. A type of airfare available to State travelers, for business use only, through State contracts with specific airlines. These unrestricted (subject to no restrictions or limits; no additional fees; fully refundable; flexible) YCAL fares offer last-seat availability (access to any seat or any number of seats on a plane). Fares are fully-refundable and may be used for travel in either direction of the city pair.
- Fares are valid only on the YCal Carrier.
- Fares are valid only between specific city pairs included in the program.
- There are no advance purchase requirements for State of California fares. Reservations may be made at any time, YCal seats are not part of a special inventory or capacity controlled.
- VCal, ECal, MCal and LCal seats are part of a special inventory and are capacity controlled (only a designated number of seats available on the aircraft). These State fare types are slightly lower than the YCal airfare.
- Tickets are fully refundable and changeable with no penalties.
- YCal fares are one-way and round-trip (including tax). These fares can be used round-trip or point-to-point. Fares can fluctuate a small amount due to added airline/airport surcharges.
Berkeley Lab Southwest Airlines Account (SWABIZ)
- SWABIZ is a Southwest Airlines internet site for business travelers
- It is a FREE online corporate booking tool that offers up to the minute seat availability - known as "direct connect"
- This account has no charge to LBNL and no ticket transaction fees or exchange fees!
- Tickets must be charged on the traveler’s LBNL USBank Corporate Visa Card or personal credit card - (cannot use the Lab ghost card)
- Traveler is reimbursed for flown/used LBNL official business tickets only
- SWABIZ is for Southwest flights/tickets - only
Create your own personal password account with the Lab’s SWABIZ ID number below:
- LBNL’s corporate ID is 99373772
- Website: https://www.swabiz.com/flight/swabiz-login
- No ticket transaction fees
- No fees to change reservations
- No baggage fees
- Fast online booking process
- View future and past travel information
- Reserve future travel based on your travel preferences and frequent trips
- Change itinerary online
- View and apply unused ticket - less funds to online reservations
Personal/vacation travel permitted with personal credit card
- Check flight status and flight notification via Text Messaging
- Purchase internet Click-n-Save fares
- Gain access to Southwest Airlines’ everyday low fares(Web Only Fares)
- Access to e-ticket receipts
- Earn double Rapid Rewards credits
- Buy Four, Get One Free - when you fly four round-trips within a 12 month period, you will earn one round-trip free - (see swabiz.com for further details/promotions)
Please remember, all airline tickets to foreign travel destinations must be made with our designated travel agency, Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
Airfare discount agreements apply to selected Domestic and International airfares listed in the Published Airline Tariff. These discounts apply only to tickets issued through CarlsonWagonlit Travel/Concur (Cliqbook). Travelers who choose to purchase their tickets outside are responsible for knowing their maximum reimbursable airfare prior to ticketing. Click HERE for more information.
- LLNL/LBNL United Airlines discount percentage contract valid January 1, 2009 to November 30, 2015. Discount varies from 2% to 10% depending on destination and fare type ticketed.
- UC/American Airlines discount percentage contract valid May 28, 2014 to June 30, 2016. Discount varies from 2% to 20% depending on destination and fare type ticketed.
- UC/Delta Airlines discount percentage contract valid May 1, 2010 to May 31, 2015. Discount varies from 2% to 6% depending on destination and fare type ticketed.