NIH Prior Approvals Required
Discuss plans with your NIH Program Official
prior to the official process.
NIH requires certain changes be approved prior to their implementation. Waiting to report these changes on the annual progress report does not constitute a prior approval for the previous year.
NIH approval of a request may come in the form of a letter or a revision of the Notice of Grant Award.
Work may not begin under the change until written notification is received from NIH, and a new SPAA is issued by OSPIP.
The information provided to NIH and to OSPIP differs depending on the type of change being requested.
- Any Requirement Specified in the Notice of Award
- Carryover of Unobligated Balances
- Change of Grantee Organization
- Change of PI
- Change of Scope
- Rebudget Without Requesting Additional Funds Updated 10/28/2010
- Reduction of Effort
- Relinquishment of Grant When PI leaves LBNL
The OSPIP Contracts Officer will: