Resource Analyst | Job Class 25.2
Position Information and Course Types:
• Education Level/Professional Certifications
- Associate Level College Degree (Minimal)
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts or Sciences, with an emphasis on Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, and/or Mathematics (Required)
• Job Competencies
- Budget Formulation/Planning - ability to create, develop, model, and/or forecast program/project budgets of a moderately complex nature under general or detailed supervision.
- Budget Execution and Controls - ability to track and report budgets of a moderately complex nature under general or detailed supervision.
- Budget/Quantitative Analysis and Critical Thinking - ability to interpret, analyze and/or critique the quality and viability of budgets of a moderately complex nature under general or detailed supervision.
- Financial Systems and Tools - ability to use the Laboratory's financial management systems (e.g., Budget Planning System) and related software applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel) to formulate, execute, and analyze budgets/plans of a moderately complex nature under general or detailed supervision.
- Financial/Costing Accounting - apply standard knowledge and proficiency in financial and cost accounting concepts and practices, such as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Communications - ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ownership and Quality of Work - the ability to demonstrate ownership of assigned work that is performed in a timely, accurate, and complete manner. Exhibits dependability with consistent attendance. Demonstrates initiative and proactivity in carrying out responsibilities.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - ability to perform work effectively and respectful of others in team settings and working groups.
- Environment, Safety, and Health - ability to work at the Laboratory in a safe and sound manner consistent with EHS regulations and guidelines.
- Core Financial Management Program (CFO0700)
- Signature Responsibility (CFO0300)
- Fraud/Antitrust Prevention (CFO0503)
- Field Budget Submissions Training (Course # TBD)
- Financial Management System Training (Course # TBD)
- LBNL Funds Control (CFO0012)
- Planning Module Training (Course # TBD)
- Planning System Basics (FMS0404)
- Planning System - Tools and Tips (FMS0407)
- Query Made Easy (Course # TBD)
- Microsoft Excel (BLI or private vendors' Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Courses)
- Microsoft Word (BLI or private vendors' Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Courses)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (BLI or private vendors' Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Courses)
- Business Writing Fundamentals (BLI or private vendors' sponsored)
- An Introduction to Project Management (PROJ0511)
• Career & Competency Development & Environment, Health & Safety (EHS)
- New Employee Briefing (HR briefing)
- New Employee Benefits Orientation (BLI0702)
- Introduction to ES&H at LBNL (EHS0010)
- Ergo Self Assessment Refresher (EHS0058)
- Ergo Self-Assessment for Computer Users (Remedy Interactive-online) (EHS0059)
- Ergonomic Workstation Evaluation (EHS0068)
- All Hazard Awareness Training (EHS0135)
- General Employee Radiological Training (EHS0470)
- Cyber Security Annual Refresher (SEC0201)
- Privacy,HIPAA, & Protected Info (SEC0220)
- PII Certification (SEC0221)
- Hosting Foreign Nationals (SEC0500)
- Trafficking Persons Protection (BLI0919)
- UC Ethics Course
- Skills and Tools for Leading Collaborative and Productive Teams (BLI or private vendors' sponsored)
- Conducting Effective Meetings (BLI0131 or private vendors' sponsored)
- Dealing with Challenging People (BLI sponsored or private vendors' sponsored)
- Managing Your Time and Getting Things Done (BLI sponsored or private vendors' sponsored)
- Negotiating and Conflict Resolution (BLI sponsored or private vendors' sponsored)
- Time Management (BLI sponsored or private vendors' sponsored)
- C.A.R.E.E.R. Planning Workshop (BLI sponsored)
- Annual Performance Review Discussion Workshop for Employees (BLI sponsored)
- Tuition Reimbursement Workshop (BLI sponsored)Ergo Advocate Training (EHS0061)
- First Aid Safety (EHS 0116)Adult CPR (EHS 0123)
- Adult CPR (EHS 0123)