Associate Resource Analyst | Job Class 25.1
Position Information and Course Types:
• Education Level/Professional Certifications
- Associate Level College Degree (Minimal)
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts or Sciences, with an emphasis on Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, and/or Mathematics (Preferred)
• Job Competencies
Budget Formulation/Planning - ability to assist in creating, developing, modeling, and/or forecasting program/project budgets of a non-complex or routine nature under close, detailed supervision.
Budget Execution and Controls - ability to assist in tracking and reporting budgets of a non-complex or routine nature under close, detailed supervision.
Budget/Quantitative Analysis and Critical Thinking - ability to assist in interpreting, analyzing and/or critiquing the quality and viability of budgets of a non-complex or routine nature under close, detailed supervision.
Financial Systems and Tools - basic ability to use the Laboratory's financial management systems (e.g., Budget Planning System) and related software applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel) to assist in the formulation, execution, and analysis of budgets/plans of a non-complex or routine nature under close, detailed supervision.
Financial/Costing Accounting - basic knowledge and proficiency in applying financial and cost accounting concepts and practices, such as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
Communications - ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
Ownership and Quality of Work - the ability to demonstrate ownership of assigned work that is performed in a timely, accurate, and complete manner. Exhibits dependability with consistent attendance. Demonstrates initiative and proactivity in carrying out assigned work.
Teamwork and Collaboration - ability to perform work effectively and respectful of others in team settings and working groups.
Environment, Safety, and Health - ability to work at the Laboratory in a safe and sound manner consistent with EHS regulations and guidelines.
- Core Financial Management Program (CFO0700)
- Signature Responsibility (CFO0300)
- Fraud/Antitrust Prevention (CFO0503)
- Field Budget Submissions Training (Course # TBD)
- Financial Management System Training (Course # TBD)
- LBNL Funds Control (CFO0012)
- Planning Module Training (Course # TBD)
- Planning System Basics (FMS0404)
- Planning System - Tools and Tips (FMS0407)
- Query Made Easy (Course # TBD)
- Microsoft Excel (BLI or private vendors' Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Courses)
- Microsoft Word (BLI or private vendors' Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Courses)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (BLI or private vendors' Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Courses)
- Business Writing Fundamentals (BLI or private vendors' sponsored)
• Career & Competency Development & Environment, Health & Safety (EHS)
- New Employee Briefing (HR briefing)
- New Employee Benefits Orientation (BLI0702)
- Ergo Self Assessment Refresher (EHS0058)
- Ergo Self-Assessment for Computer Users (Remedy Interactive -online) (EHS0059)
- Ergonomic Workstation Evaluation (EHS0068)
- General Employee Radiological Training (EHS0470)
- Cyber Security Annual Refresher (SEC0201)
- Privacy,HIPAA, & Protected Info (SEC0220)
- PII Certification (SEC0221)
- Hosting Foreign Nationals (SEC0500)
- UC Ethics Course
- Safety, Emergency Preparedness and Trafficking Persons (LBL0010)
- Skills and Tools for Leading Collaborative and Productive Teams (BLI or private vendors' sponsored)
- Conducting Effective Meetings (BLI0131 or private vendors' sponsored)
- Dealing with Challenging People (BLI sponsored or private vendors' sponsored)
- Managing Your Time and Getting Things Done (BLI sponsored or private vendors' sponsored)
- Negotiating and Conflict Resolution (BLI sponsored or private vendors' sponsored)
- Time Management (BLI sponsored or private vendors' sponsored)
- C.A.R.E.E.R. Planning Workshop (BLI sponsored)
- Annual Performance Review Discussion Workshop for Employees (BLI sponsored)
- Tuition Reimbursement Workshop (BLI sponsored)
- Ergo Advocate Training (EHS0061)
- First Aid Safety (EHS 0116)
- Adult CPR (EHS 0123)