Payroll Year-end Reminders:
LBNL's Payroll Office mailed out W-2s to employees the week of January 27th. If you have not received your W-2 by February 10th, 2014, please contact email@example.com.
Payroll is responsible for all bi-weekly and monthly pay cycles, and all employee payroll-related activities. Payroll works to resolve all timekeeping issues and handles all federal and state regulatory filings (IRS, Franchise Tax Board, etc.).
- Bi-weekly employees will be paid for period-ending December 22nd, on Friday, December 28th, 2012. Employees who receive an actual paycheck may pick them up from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. that day at the Mailroom in Bldg. 69R0102.
- Monthly employees will be paid for the month of December on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013.
Working During the Holidays?
- If you are planning to work during the annual holiday shutdown (December 24th to January 1st), please get prior approval from your division and notify your HR Center representative. The written approval must be received by Payroll by Tuesday, December 18th.
- On January, 2013, the two-year Temporary Payroll Tax Cut is scheduled to come to an end. This tax cut reduced the Social Security withholding rate from 6.2% to 4.2%. If Congress does not extend the tax cut, effective with your first paycheck received in January, the withholding rate will return to 6.2%. The taxable wage base will increase to $113,700 from $110,100.
- Employees earning $200,000 or more will see a 0.9 percent increase in their Medicare withholding, to 2.35% from 1.45%. This provision of the Affordable Care Act is effective Jan. 1, 2013.
Please send any inquiries about this notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Payroll Department is guided by these goals:
- To provide cost-effective payroll processing that is accurate, timely and in compliance with the policy of LBNL and all Federal and State tax agencies.
- To maintain a high-level of involvement and quality communications with the HR Centers and departments to ensure that service is responsive to each department’s particular needs and is supportive of each department’s goals.