W-2 Forms Available Electronically: Sign Up by January 13, 2017
Berkeley Lab employees may elect to receive their 2016 Wage and Tax Statement, Form W-2, in an IRS-approved PDF format online through the Employee Self Service website. Federal regulations require that employees give their consent to receive their Form W-2 in an electronic format. The deadline to give consent is January 13, 2017. Once consent is given, it carries forward each year and does not need to be repeated.
There are many benefits to receiving your W-2 online:
- Online delivery provides access to the W-2 statement earlier than the traditional paper process.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the W-2 statement will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced.
- Employees can access their W-2 statement at any time of day and on weekends.
- Employees can print multiple copies at their convenience.
- W-2 statements will remain online for multiple years.
To sign up for electronic W-2 delivery:
- Go to Employee Self Service - https://hris.lbl.gov/self_service/login/. (If not directed correctly, please copy and paste the link to your browser.)
- Enter your Berkeley Lab Identity (LDAP) username and password to login.
- Click on Consent for Electronic Delivery of W-2 on the left hand side.
- Click Yes to provide consent or No to continue to receive paper copies.
- Click Save.
- The message “W-2 consent data saved” will appear. Click OK.
If you plan to receive your 2016 W-2 statement electronically, you must give your consent by Friday, January 13, 2017. You will receive an e-mail notification with the subject line “Important Tax Return Document Available,” once the W-2s are available prior to January 31, 2017.
If you do not access Employee Self-Service to provide consent, you will continue to receive paper W2s.
Additional information on electronic W-2 is included in the following attachments:
- For any payroll related questions regarding an employee’s pay, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any LETS leave corrections or timekeeper changes/deletions, please email email@example.com.
- Send completed payroll forms by fax to payroll: 510-486-4485 or to Payroll, BLDG. 971-PR.
The Payroll Department is guided by these goals:
- To provide cost-effective payroll processing that is accurate, timely and in compliance with the policy of LBNL and all Federal and State tax agencies.
- To maintain a high-level of involvement and quality communications with the HR Centers and departments to ensure that service is responsive to each department’s particular needs and is supportive of each department’s goals.