The purpose of the SPOT Recognition Award program is to acknowledge and reward outstanding individual and/or team workplace contributions that occur on a day-to-day basis. Contributions should impact the quality, cost, service, safety, or resource utilization of an organizational unit, team, or department. Additionally, the Environment, Health and Safety Division (EHS) is sponsoring a Safety SPOT Recognition Program.
Safety Spot Awards
The purpose of the Safety Spot Award program is to recognize employees who exemplify the safety values of the Berkeley Lab and to encourage participation in the Lab safety culture. The award recognizes employees for safety achievements such as bringing a previously unrecognized safety hazard to the Lab’s attention or being a champion for safety in their area. The award amount typically ranges from $25 to $150. The higher amounts are to recognize exceptional employees who exceed expectations and proactively enhance the Lab’s safety culture.
How to Nominate an Employee:
- The nominator completes the Safety Spot Award Nomination Form
- The Safety Spot Award Committee reviews the nomination.
- If approved, EHSS sends the award certificate to the nominator.
- HR Center processes the award payment through the payroll system.
- The Committee administrator will contact the nominator for any questions, clarifications, and decisions.
Berkeley Lab Employee Recognition Program
This program was created to recognize the significant achievements of Lab employees. The awards will be presented at a lab wide ceremony, on an annual basis to, individuals and teams.