Out of Class Assignment (OCA) / Temporary Division Increase (TDI)
An Out of Class Assignment (OCA) occurs when an employee is temporarily assigned responsibilities of a higher-level position or other significant duties on a full-time basis.
A Temporary Division Increase (TDI) occurs when an employee is assigned significant critical duties beyond their normal full-time responsibilities. Assignment must be at least 3 months long. TDI’s require approval from the COO. HR will obtain approval.
During an OCA or TDI employees can be paid an administrative (non-base building) stipend up to 15% of the appointee’s annual base salary for a period not to exceed two years.
Steps for initiating an OCA/TDI:
- Obtain prior approval from Department Head and CFO
- Send email to the Sr. HR Division Partner requesting an ePAF. Include the following information:
- Name of employee
- Effective date of assignment
- Duration of assignment
- Whether assignment is an OCA or TDI
- For OCA: new job code
- Dollar or percentage increase
- Brief justification
- Position Description for temporary assignment (optional)
- After Compensation approves the ePAF, HR will prepare a letter for the supervisor to give to employee