The Bright & The Busy
|John Brown uses the powerful x-ray microscope at the ALS to study matter as diverse as red blood cells and cement. In his spare time he focuses on what can be seen through the lens of a camera.|
|Note: This installment of the Bright & the Busy was written in the summer of 1997. Since that time John Brown has been on leave from Berkeley Lab. However, because both John and his work are so interesting we wanted to present him to MicroWorlds readers nonetheless.|
- What does his job involve?
- What is he doing now?
- What are the highs and lows of his job?
- What is a typical day at the ALS like for him?
- What does he do in his spare time?
- What is something else cool he has done?
- How did he get here?
- What is his advice to people interested in entering his field?
Click here to send your own questions to MicroWorlds! Click here to see something cool he has worked with! Click here to be the first to enter your solution to this month's PUZZLER! Click here to see other biographies with student questions and interviewee answers! Click here to find out about the students who made these biographies!