BLUR Berkeley Lab Undergraduate Research
This Berkeley Lab Program places students from 4 year institutions in paid internships in science and engineering. Participants work with scientists and engineers on projects related to the Lab's research program. Typically, BLUR participants are students at partnership schools or have an established relationship with Lab scientists and funding sources have been identified.
- Undergraduate students in 4 year institutions majoring in science or engineering
- US citizenship or permanent resident status required.
- Participants must have medical insurance during their time at the Lab.
- Typically, BLUR program participants are recommended by Laboratory scientists or faculty at partner institutions.
- Students initially interested in participating in Berkeley Lab should apply through DOE's SULI program.
- Complete the full ten or sixteen week program
- Complete entrance and exit surveys
- Submit a complete copy of a research paper and poster
- Submit an abstract of their research in the required format
- Attend all scheduled events including lectures, tours and group activities.
- Complete all LBNL safety and procedural requirements