BLUFF(Berkeley Lab Undergraduate Faculty Fellowship)
This Berkeley Lab program brings faculty to LBNL for an extended period to work with Lab investigators as a continuation of a collaboration established while previously participating in the Visiting Faculty Program (VFP). Funding must be secured by the faculty member and/or Lab researcher.
- Faculty who reach primarily undergraduates and who have completed the three-year Visiting Faculty Program (VFP).
- US citizenship or permanent resident status required.
- Participants must have medical insurance during their time at the Lab.
- 20-Oct-2011 Online applications open
- 10-Jan-2012 Application and Letters of Recommendation due by 11:00 p.m. EST
- 23-Feb-2012 Last day offers made
- 5-Mar-2012 NSF Deadline for Proposals for Supplemental Funding
- 12 Mar 2012 Project descriptions due from mentors
- 27-Mar-2012 Research Proposal Due
- Program runs: 4 Jun - 10 Aug 2012
BLUFF program participants have completed a Visiting Faculty Program (VFP) appointment and are recommended by Laboratory scientists.
Faculty interested in participating at Berkeley Lab should first apply through DOE's VFP program.
- Submit annual report
- Attend all scheduled events
- Attend scheduled meetings with faculty
- Complete all LBNL safety and procedural requirements