BLEV: Berkeley Lab Educational Visits
Berkeley Lab Educational Visits are 1 - 2 hour programs that usually include:
- a general introduction to the Lab
- an appropriate hands-on activity
- a facility tour linked to subject matter
View a sample agenda:
- Students grades 6-12 and teachers from schools in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Students and faculty at community colleges or universities
- One adult chaperone required for each eight students
- Minimum of 12 students in group
- Class or group size limited to 32 students and 4 chaperones
- Requests accepted: 4 September
- Visits begin: 1 October
- Visits end: 31 July
Requesting a Visit
- We have a limited number of visits per year, so register as soon as possible.
- Visits available from 1 October through 31 July.
- Visit requests must be submitted 30 days prior to visit dates.
- Middle and high school (6-12) visits are offered only on Fridays during the school year (October-May) and M-Th during the summer (June-August). All other group visits are offered M-F based on availability.
- Visits are cost-free.
- Map to Workforce Development & Education