Preparing for Your Visit
- Review BLAZES Information Packet
- Email guest list including chaperones to
BLAZES@lbl.gov at least two weeks prior to visit date or visit WILL BE CANCELLED!
- Obtain signed photo release forms for all participants
- Turn in necessary paperwork to principal/district
- Acquire a substitute if applicable
- Recruit at least one adult to accompany each eight students, with a maximum of 32 students and six adults total
- Be sure students know times of the visit and pickup and drop off locations
- Arrange for lunches and water for students if applicable
- If your group has drivers, make sure they have directions to Berkeley Lab
- Print Map to Workforce Development & Education for Buses and Cars
NOTE: Photos/videos may be taken of the visit
Berkeley Lab Safety and Security Regulations
- NOTE: Failure to meet all deadlines and requirements may result in cancellation of your visit. If all safety requirements, including number of students and 1:8 chaperone to student ratio, are not met, your group will not be allowed to participate and will be turned away on the day of the visit.
- All adult names (18 and older) must be sent to BLAZES@lbl.gov at least two weeks prior to your visit date.
- All adults must bring a government-issued photo ID
- All chaperones must be 18 and older
- Only 5th grade students, teacher(s) and chaperones are allowed on site (No siblings or outside guests).
- No animals, except service animals, allowed on site.
- Failure to adhere to security regulations may result in cancellation of visit upon arrival.
- Everyone must have closed-toe shoes and clothing that covers from the waist to the ankles. No one may have exposed skin on legs, ankles or feet.
Day of Visit
- Be sure that all adults in your group have government-issued photo ID
- Be sure that all adults and students have lunches and water to drink
- Be sure that all adults and students are wearing closed-toe shoes and clothing that covers waist to feet
- Bring signed photo release forms for all participants
- Be prepared to provide demographic information about students participating in the program.
- Provide Map to Workforce Development & Education for Buses and Cars
- Update Guest List upon arrival at the Lab
- Call Workforce Development & Education main office 510.486.5511 if you encounter problems getting to the Lab