Preparing for Your Visit
- Review BLAZES Information Packet
- Email guest list including chaperones to
BLAZES@lbl.gov at least two weeks prior to visit date or visit WILL BE CANCELLED!
- Obtain signed photo release forms for all participants
- Turn in necessary paperwork to principal/district
- Acquire a substitute if applicable
- Recruit at least one adult to accompany each eight students, with a maximum of 32 students and six adults total
- Be sure students know times of the visit and pickup and drop off locations
- Arrange for lunches and water for students if applicable
- If your group has drivers, make sure they have directions to Berkeley Lab
- Print Map to Workforce Development & Education for Buses and Cars
NOTE: Photos/videos may be taken of the visit
Safety and Security Guidelines
- All adults must bring a photo ID to the Lab.
- All guest must wear proper footwear (closed toe shoes) during visit.
- All guests must wear proper clothing, no one should have exposed skin on legs, ankles and feet during visit.
- Guests with long hair must pull their hair back in bun or ponytail.
- Guest must follow all the safely rules given to them by Lab employees and posted signs throughout the facility.
Day of Visit
- Please arrive on time and if you encounter a problem, please call us at 510-486-5511
- Be sure to bring lunches and water for all students and chaperones
- Be sure to bring your signed photo release forms
- Be prepared to provide demographic information for your group
- Be prepared to complete evaluation surveys at the end of your visit
- Email us and/or share your photos and/or videos on your visit with us on social media