Managing Your Time and Getting Things Done
Instructor Contact Information
- To better understand best practices for good time management
- To identify approaches and techniques to help you better manage your own and others’ workloads
Participants: This workshop is designed for supervisors and work leads, but has relevant content for anyone interested in better managing his/her time and who influences the workload of others.
Summary of workshop
Does it seem like there is always too much to do and too little time in which to do it? In this one-hour workshop, you’ll explore different approaches to dealing with internal and external forces that challenge you in managing your time and getting things done. Some of these include:
- Increasing your awareness of common problems in managing time and getting things done
- Organizing and executing around your priorities
- Identifying and implementing a system that enables you to flexibly manage the constantly changing priorities in your work and personal life
- Exploring best practice tips for managing your own and others’ workloads, including managing meetings and emails
The course is taught by Nancy Friedman, a leadership development consultant and coach with 25 years of business experience in both large and entrepreneurial environments. She works with UC San Francisco in their supervisor program, and with a variety of executives and teams across a wide variety of industries including health care, technology, science, marketing, non profits, law and sales. Nancy has a Masters in Business Administration and a BA in Sociology, both degrees from UC Berkeley. She is a member of the International Coaches Federation and a graduate of the International Coach Academy as a Certified Professional Coach.